Piano Restoration Specialists Newfoundland (Harbour Main) we restore pianos to their former glory. All our restorations have a 10 year warranty. Pianos that range from 50 – 100+ years old most often need replacement or repair to their moving and non moving parts. Parts are replaced with only the highest quality standards and bass strings are replaced with exact rescaled duplicates to insure the optimal sound quality the piano's manufacturer intended.
"I arrived in Dubai along with a Bechstein grand which I had recently inherited. I was very glad to find Newfound Pianos Gulf to take care of the piano. Other than the regular tuning which the instrument needed after the journey from Europe, they also set it up with a climate control system. After two years of first rate service it was clear that the piano was in very good hands and I took the plunge to get it re-strung in their workshop. The result was superb. They take real pride in their work and this shines through." Adam KThe following list includes everything a full piano restoration would entail:
• Replacement of old cast iron castors with new dual rubber castors (wheels). There are many different types of wheels available including brass wheels and model specific dollies.
• Brass/Silver hardware replacement, recondition and/or repair.
• Cabinet restoration or full refinishing
• Key Rebushing and Keycap replacement. Ivory key reconditioning also available.
• String replacement with exact rescaled duplicates of copper wound strings and new high quality steel tenor and treble section strings.
• Tuning pin replacement
• Pinblock replacement (if needed)
• Soundboard replacement (if needed) or repair.
• Cast Iron Frame Refinishing
• Bridge repair or replacement
• Decal replacement with official reprint (Name of piano on fallboard)
• Action Replacement (if needed) or repair.
• Hammer replacement